A few facts and figures ahead of this weekend's Betfred Cup semi-finals between Hibernian and Celtic, and Rangers and Motherwell.
- This is the 72nd season of the League Cup. The trophy was first contested in 1946/47, with Rangers beating Aberdeen in the final.
- Rangers have won the trophy a record 27 times, holders Celtic are next on 16. Hibernian have claimed the silverware three times and Motherwell once.
- Hibernian's Simon Murray is the top scorer in this season's Betfred Cup with eight goals already, one more than Alan Trouten of Albion Rovers.
- Stirling Albion and Inverness Caledonian Thistle made history at Forthbank in this season's Betfred Cup group stage, with the lowest-scoring penalty shoot-out in Scottish football. It finished 0-0 after 90 minutes and the teams also struggled from the spot; ICT winning 2-0!
- The last two League Cup semi-final shoot-outs have both been between Hearts and Inverness Caley Thistle. Hearts progressed in 2012/13 after a 1-1 draw at Easter Road and the roles were reversed at the same venue 12 months later when the Highland club triumphed on spot-kicks after a 2-2 draw.
Most League Cup semi-final appearances
19 Dundee United
19 Heart of Midlothian
10 St Johnstone