Queen's Park and Peterhead meet in the first of the Petrofac Training Cup semi-finals at Hampden Park on Saturday.
The winners will play Rangers or St Mirren - who go head to head at Ibrox Stadium on Saturday November 28 - in the final on Sunday April 10, 2016.
- Queen's Park beat Lowland League champions Edinburgh City 3-1 on penalties after a 0-0 draw at Meadowbank Stadium in round one and created a cup upset by knocking out Dumbarton 1-0, also after extra time, in round two. They defeated Ladbrokes League 2 rivals Elgin City 2-1 at Hampden in last month's quarter-final thanks to first-half goals from John Carter and Chris Duggan.
- Peterhead saw off Brechin City 3-0 at Glebe Park in the first round, helped by a double from Jordan Brown. The Blue Toon then claimed a stunning 5-3 win away to Falkirk in the second round, with Rory McAllister scoring all five of their goals. Stenhousemuir were beaten 3-0 at Balmoor in the quarter-finals - McAllister took his competition tally to seven goals, with Jamie Redman and Steven Noble also on target before half-time.
- Both clubs are bidding to reach the final for the first time but Queen's Park boss Gus MacPherson won the trophy when manager of St Mirren, guiding Saints to a 2-1 win over Hamilton Accies in November 2005.
- Peterhead go into the game on the back of a 0-0 draw with Dunfermline at East End Park in Ladbrokes League 1 while Queen's Park were beaten 2-1 by East Stirlingshire at Ochilview in Ladbrokes League 2 last weekend.
- Peterhead have won the last seven meetings between the teams, the most recent of which was 2-0 at the Excelsior Stadium in March 2014 when Rory McAllister got both goals. The Spiders' most recent success in this fixture was 2-0 at Balmoor in February 2013 thanks to a Steven Noble own goal and a Lawrence Shankland goal.